RJ11 Jack

Within the RJ (Registered Jack) standard, the RJ11 has a 2-conductor (6P2C) modular jack. Along with the RJ13, it is commonly used for wall- and baseboard-mounted telephone jacks installed in residences.

Most plugs, jacks and cables sold as RJ11 are actually RJ13 (4 conductor).

The British Telecom 431A/631A telephone sockets look similar to the RJ11 jack but are not compatible.

Compare RJ11 (6P2C), RJ12 (6P6C), RJ13 (6P4C), RJ18 (6P6C) and RJ25 (6P6C).

Back to Vade Mecum

Created 2023-03-08 09:11 by Stephen B (Revised 2023-03-09 11:27)

Keywords: RJ11, RJ11 Connector, and RJ11 Plug

Leave a comment